It was indeed a pleasant surprise to find a comment on one of my posts from Ayushi that said I was nominated for an award. Thank you Ayushi Khare for nominating my blog for the "Liebster Award". I'm thrilled to bits, this being an award for upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers and me having been on the blogosphere for nearly 6 months now, it is truly motivational. To be appreciated by your fellow blogger is a huge morale-booster that also means you have to live up-to the expectations your readers have from you.
Some gyaan about Liebster - What is a Liebster? Liebster is German word and means sweetest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, and endearing.. In short, Liebster award is an appreciation award. Though there are many versions of this award, the underlying message is one of encouragement and sharing.
The rules of this award are simple and are as under:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you and create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
- Choose 11 bloggers you feel deserve the award and link them in your post (You must choose bloggers with less than 200 followers)
- Visit their page to inform them of their nomination.
- No tag backs!
- I am a coffee-holic, even the aroma of filter coffee wafting in the background works wonders for me
- Like a typical Sagittarian, I am guilty of shooting off my mouth on several occasions and then realizing that honesty is not always the best policy. A little diplomacy goes a long way in saving you from the guilt that you hurt your loved ones with your "Oh-so-frank" opinions.
- Of the many parallel-universe existences that I like to think I have, I love the one where I have a bird's flying ability (the sense of freedom) and the sleeping-with-eyes-open ability of fish (Oh how useful in boring seminars :P )
- If God were to appear in front of me and ask me for just one boon I'd be tempted to ask for a huge library of my own that would offer me an endless collection of delectable reads or for the boon of gorging on sweets at will without the fear of putting on weight or dental troubles. But I think I'll settle for thinking about a place and finding myself there in a matter of seconds. Much like "apparating" a la Harry Potter. This one stems out of the traffic jams and the long distance travel and the fact that I'm far off my loved ones across the seven seas
- I am very afraid of doctors, the degree of my fright is almost to the level of phobia. I have fled from doctor's clinics during childhood :P
- I love curds, I can enjoy it with almost all foods except sweets of course. Come to think of it I love all milk products...
- I am quite fussy about food, I like the vegetables to cut to a particular size, cooked in a particular way using only certain spices. You got the gist, Fussy with a capital F. Though I realized the true value of mom-made food during my 2 year hostel stay as a student, it did not make me any less fussy about food.
- I find cleaning and organizing therapeutic...
- Religion to me is a way of life and in that sense all of us humans are religious. As to whether God exists and the related questions, God for one may be an idol or a book or science or a higher power or a person, something that you subconsciously reach out to whenever you feel you are in a dilemma and believe that whatever it is you are reaching out to will help you in your quest. For me, he's my best friend and lives in my heart always
- My favorite season is the monsoon. I just love the sweet smell of rain, it refreshes me second only to coffee.
- I still enjoy watching Tom and Jerry and Donald Duck cartoons.
1) What is the meaning of your name? Do you believe you are living up-to it?
My name Reshma means silken soft. I look tough on the outside but the ones who know me well know that I'm super-sensitive and soft-natured, so yes I might be reflective of my name.
2) Which moment do you wish to live again and again?
I believe the beauty of life lies in the fact that the gravels of time slip by gently leaving behind treasures of memories both happy and hurting that can be reminisced any number of times but not relived.
3) Are you happy with your profession? If yes, why? If no, what you want to be?
Oh yes,life is all about finding happiness in whatever you do. For happiness is not something that can be found by searching all over, you only have to open yourself to it, its just waiting around the corner :)
4) Do you have any childhood dream you want to accomplish? If yes, what it is?
As a child when I looked at some of my friends' handwriting, I wished mine were half as beautiful as that, mine is legible and neat but I wished to have a beautiful writing...With the world going the e-way, writing seems to be fading away...But I'd still love to learn calligraphy...Someday I will...
5) In what other way do you help poor apart from giving them money?
By being a normal human around them and not making them feel inferior.
6) What one thing you want to vanish from this world?
Fear of loneliness.
7) What do you hate most about online social networking?
The fact that it can all be just make-believe and fantasy while the reality may be scary.
8) Any celebrity you want to date? and why?
No, I don't subscribe to the concept of dating. I might like to be friends with a celebrity to use their celeb-status to get the world to focus on issues that haunt the world today like child abuse and of course a couple of news mentions :P
9) If given a chance to exchange lives with anyone in this world? Who will be the person and why?
Nobody, cos nobody's life is perfect and I'm nobody :P
10) Which possessions of yours, you can't tolerate to be touched by others?
Actually my braid, not that it is thick or long or anything but it somehow irritates me when somebody tries to tug at it or play with it. I'm weird right ? I know :P
11) Define yourself in 4 words.
Outspoken, ambivert, romanticist, quasi-homebird
- Given a choice between a world without feelings and a world without words which one would you choose and why?
- What's the one thing about you that you think irritates others the most?
- Describe what writing means to you in 3 words.
- If you were to be marooned on an island and could wish for only one thing(except return to the mainland), what would that be and why?
- The one blogger you wished you could write like would be...
- If you could choose to be born as a celebrity, who would you be?
- If you could possess a superpower, what would you like it to be?
- Who or what influenced you the most to write?
- Science or God?
- What is/are your Favorite book/books (limit to 3) and why?
- If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?
I nominate :
I had a tough time compiling this list for most of the bloggers that I follow seem to be veterans with a huge following. The amazing fellow bloggers I wish to nominate for "Leibster Award" are listed below.
Each of them are brilliant writers whose posts never fail to surprise me.
- Odyzz - http://odizzey.wordpress.com/
- Amrit - http://livinglifegreenspeck.blogspot.com/
- Sayantini - http://sayantini-bhattacharya.blogspot.com/
- Rahmath - http://rahi30384foru.blogspot.com/
- Divya - http://stardustsprinkles.blogspot.com/
- Lolly - http://foralovelything.blogspot.com/
- Nimue - http://wordpossessedlady.blogspot.com/
- Tarang -http://tarangsinha.blogspot.com/
- Robyn - http://laughwithme45.blogspot.com/
- Sruthi - http://sruthiharidas.blogspot.in/
- Neha - http://nehasjournal.blogspot.com/
Happy Blogging folks!!